The October 6th patch notes for World of Warcraft has been released, including a new raid dungeon and significant changes to the game’s PvP system.
Image courtesy of Amazon Games
It’s been one week since Amazon Games released New World. Despite the lengthy wait times, millions of players have begun exploring Aeternum, making it one of the most successful MMORPG debuts to date. The New World October 6 update was published and implemented by Amazon Games, and we have a complete copy of the patch notes below.
The October 6 update, which contains numerous quality of life improvements, AFK prevention, and other bug patches, was published on October 6 at 3 a.m. PT. A reworked AFK avoidance system, a global queue confirmation screen, performance improvements, and more are among the noteworthy changes.
The character server transfer mechanism has already begun to be implemented by Amazon Games. While the system is not yet operational, it seems that it will make use of the in-game shop, implying that players will get one free character transfer before having to pay for subsequent server transfers.
Patch Notes for October 6th in New World (Update 1.0.1)
The foundation for the character server transfer has been laid, and you can see some of it in the in-game shop. We’re still working on this functionality, and when we deploy server transfers later this week, we’ll have more details on how it works.
In War, turret projectiles were replaced by hitscan detection instead of actual projectiles. With fewer items generated in the globe, performance in War should improve.
PREVENTION OF AFK
We’ve implemented the following changes to the AFK prevention mechanism in order to guarantee that players can’t remain AFK, particularly on servers with a larger population.
- Additional AFK protection has been included to guarantee that players cannot deceive the system with simulated mouse movement.
- The AFK warning message was reduced from 20 to 15 minutes.
- The AFK disconnect time has been reduced from 25 minutes to 20 minutes.
THE WORLD’S QUEUE
- When a player tries to leave the queue for a planet, we introduced a confirmation box asking them to confirm their decision. This should assist guarantee that no one exits the queue by mistake and loses their place in line.
FIXES IN GENERAL
- Fixed a rare bug that prevented the interact key from working correctly on certain items in the world.
- Fixed a bug that prevented the barrel from appearing in the “Pirate Stance” emote.
- Players were not receiving currency as a reward for certain actions, which was fixed.
- Fixed a problem that caused the player’s character to get trapped inside a home if the rapid travel motion was interrupted.
- Fixed a problem where certain localized text was missing in Territory Standing awards.
- After login back into the game, players were prompted to claim accomplishment titles several times, even if they had previously claimed the prizes.
- A bug that caused leg animations to freeze has been fixed.
- Game crashes caused by the New World Twitch integrations have been fixed.
- Players might reach a condition where they couldn’t be struck by most attacks, which was fixed.
- A bug where some item containers may be plundered indefinitely was fixed.
- The player’s abandoning event notice may occasionally remain after the event had been abandoned.
- Pastor Walsh was spawning aggressively at the Walsham point of interest due to a bug that was fixed (POI).
- In the Bullrush Wash POI, a bug was fixed that caused enemies to spawn slower than expected.
- In the “Something to Prove” mission, a problem caused Overseer Zane to revive slower than expected.
- Fixed an issue where Master Zindt’s respawns at the Kannan Tomb POI may be duplicated.
FIXES FOR QUESTIONS
- For players trying to achieve the second faction rank, missing journal information regarding the recommended quest level has been added.
- Resetting the “Blessings of Earth” quest after obtaining any of the blessings caused advancement in the Main Story Quest to be halted (MSQ).
- Fixed an issue where players would be unable to access the “Azoth Fulminate” quest if they completed other Windsward missions beforehand.
- Completed the “Goodwill Squashing” quest no longer stops the player from getting the “Arruda Jam” quest.
- Fixed an issue where the barkeep discussion state in First Light may lead to the barkeep not being able to provide missions.
- The “Taste for Revenge” quest no longer prohibits the player from getting the “Predator, Prey” and “Great Expectations” missions after finishing it.
- Completed the “Curse of Ebony Hawk” quest no longer prohibits the player from getting the “Bond’s Gambit” quest.
- Fixed an issue where finishing the quest “The Expedition into Saircor” prevented the player from receiving the quest “One Threat at a Time.”
- Completed the “Strength of the Earth” quest no longer prohibits the player from getting the “Fading Lights” and “Azure Tears” missions.
- Completed the “Twisted Metamorphosis” quest no longer prohibits the player from receiving the “Blessings of the Fallen” quest.
- The “Facets of Light and Darkness” quest no longer prohibits the player from getting the “Descent to Frosted Slumber” and “Transmuting Iron to Dust” missions after finishing it.
Check out the New World area of our website for additional tutorials, builds, and material!